HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Abubakar M. Sadeeq (HOD)
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
This programme is designed to provide the diploma with the knowledge and skill to assist in planning, collating organizing, disseminating monitoring and managing vital information required at the local, state and national levels in order to ensure effective and comprehensive national health care delivery.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
- Assist in planning and organizing health information services in health care delivery system.
- Organise and control health records, under supervision, in health and medical establishments.
- Collect, store, retrieve and preserve health information.
- Collate, analyse, present health statistical data under supervision
- Participate in planning quality control, evaluation, researches in health care delivery system and other relevant committees in defining standards for health information. Assist in designing, standardizing and controlling health records forms.
- A minimum of 4 credit passes in the relevant subjects, at not more than two (2) sittings at the SSCE, WASC or its equivalent. The subjects must include mathematics, English language, biology or health science plus one subject chosen from chemistry, physics, economics/commerce, geography, English literature, IRK or CRK and Nigerian Language.