GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
This programme is designed to produce Assistant Nutritionist/Dietitian capable of formulating and plan diets for all groups of people in hospitals, schools, catering establishments, food industries, ministries social welfare agencies. Specifically, the diplomat should be able to:
- Prepare therapeutic diets to prescription.
- Undertake nutrition and dietetics field survey under supervision.
- Assist in the planning of menu in catering and food industries.
- Carry out basic catering operations.
- Act as Diet supervisors in Hospitals, Hotels, Schools, Industries, Canteen and Social Welfare agent
- Plan and administer public enlightenment programme on nutrition.
- Assist in assessing and formulating the nutritional qualities of food products in food industries.